Premed 101 Forums

Hospital v University Parking

Does anyone have any insight into if parking at UH is advantageous over the University lots? To me it seems like its worth it to be a little bit closer to the Med Sci building as opposed to having to come from say the far side of Springett - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the hospital is connected to Dental Science building, which could be nice in the winter.

I am curious now - will they let you get a hospital parking pass prior to year 3 (I was under the impression that the answer to that was no but I never actually tried :) )

I called earlier in the summer just to make sure that students were eligible at all and the person that answered didn't mention anything about it being restricted to clerks, although it may have just been an assumption. I'll be checking tomorrow / I'll post the result.

I called earlier in the summer just to make sure that students were eligible at all and the person that answered didn't mention anything about it being restricted to clerks, although it may have just been an assumption. I'll be checking tomorrow / I'll post the result.

thanks - I know when the 3rd year rolled around everyone was suddenly jumping at the opportunity to park there. May have just been because we now actually worked there, but it may also be because of general restrictions.

we have been working very hard over the past 3 years to up the parking at the school. I think we are getting closer - soon we will be considered the same as grad students. There is general is a very serious parking crunch on campus - ha, isn't there at every university it seems :)

thanks - I know when the 3rd year rolled around everyone was suddenly jumping at the opportunity to park there. May have just been because we now actually worked there, but it may also be because of general restrictions.

we have been working very hard over the past 3 years to up the parking at the school. I think we are getting closer - soon we will be considered the same as grad students. There is general is a very serious parking crunch on campus - ha, isn't there at every university it seems :)

And sadly, the parking crunch means that even now there is a wait list to get a graduate parking pass... I can imagine there is no rush on parking services' end to potentially add a few hundred more names to that list.

I am curious now - will they let you get a hospital parking pass prior to year 3 (I was under the impression that the answer to that was no but I never actually tried :) )

I know a couple of people last year who were able to get hospital parking pass.. definitely worth it for those of you who get sent down to Vic for PCCIA/PCCM and if you don't want to park a million miles away in Springett

This page seems to suggest that passes are available for purchase by the public:http://www.lhsc.on.ca/Patients_Families_Visitors/LHSC/Preparing_For_Your_Visit/Parking.htm[/url]

I'll just add that as a student, the price should be $50/month (which I think is basically the staff rate) instead of $75.

Update: Yes, 1st and 2nd year students are eligible for parking ($50/month, or ~$2.50/school day) at the LHSC parking lots (University Hospital lots as well as the Victoria Hospital staff lots).

When you're in the clerkship years, the privileges are different to give access to Parkwood etc.

Archived