Premed 101 Forums

conference presentations

Hi guys,

so over the last year I've worked on a big project which was presented at two cancer care conferences. (The study is as yet to be published.)

However, I was not the presenter at these conferences, nor did I get a chance to attend these.

my question is two-fold:

1) can i still list these as a 'presentation' under the carms cv?

2) and if yes, the next line asks whether it was 'peer reviewed' how does that apply to a conference oral or poster presentation? i suspect this applies to a publication only, non? so in this case of a presentation, i would say, "not peer reviewed"?

thanks guys. :)

EDIT: -- carms also requires a verifying document... so in your experience, for a poster, do you commonly upload the abstract or the poster slide itself?

1) Is your name on the list of authors? If so, then yes.

2) Although I wouldn't put peer-reviewed on my CV unless it was a published abstract, I think you can make an argument if there was a selection process with a decision to accept or reject abstracts. People should be able to tell from the name of the conference if there was some element of review/competition anyway.

1) Is your name on the list of authors? If so, then yes.

2) Although I wouldn't put peer-reviewed on my CV unless it was a published abstract, I think you can make an argument if there was a selection process with a decision to accept or reject abstracts. People should be able to tell from the name of the conference if there was some element of review/competition anyway.

grazie lactic folly! you're so amazing! :D

p.s. for the verifier aspect of carms, ought i upload the poster slide, or just the abstract?

Im in a similar dilemma. I was a first author on a submitted for publication paper. The master's student who is the second author presented it at a conference outside of North America and she had to put her name on it as a first author in order to present it.

Do I bother adding that presentation to carms or will be just be opening a can of warms?!

p.s. for the verifier aspect of carms, ought i upload the poster slide, or just the abstract?

Don't know what is required for this, as we didn't have a verifier aspect to CaRMS in our year.

Im in a similar dilemma. I was a first author on a submitted for publication paper. The master's student who is the second author presented it at a conference outside of North America and she had to put her name on it as a first author in order to present it.

Do I bother adding that presentation to carms or will be just be opening a can of warms?!

Is your name on the presentation? If so, there is no dilemma. These are like any other journal papers - you don't have to be the first author or have delivered the presentation yourself to include it on your CV!

If your name is on it, you can list it.

However, if those same data are published, then it may just be redundant to list it, especially since you didn't actually present it yourself at the conference.

Depends how much you want to fill space I guess. I sometimes have left out posters that are subsequently published as a paper. (when there are space limitations, or I'm worried important things will get lost among the smaller things)

Archived