Premed 101 Forums

NOSM question help

Hey guys I'm stuck on one question for my NOSM application.

How have your academic, work and life experiences prepared you for being a student at Northern Ontario School of Medicine and for studying and working in rural, remote and/or northern urban communities?

I have a second language (Russian) and I have done lots of volunteering mostly local(mostly cancer related) but also abroad (Peru medical placement).

I have research experience also.

I don't know how to answer this question, can you guys please help me brain storm?

I really appreciate it! thank you :)

You will need to reflect on what NOSM's mission, vision statements mean and what their mandate is. You can look at the two 1) What NOSM is looking for, and 2) How your experiences/life show that you can be successful in what they are looking for (i.e. socially accountable, community engaged, etc).

That's a start. You need a logical and systematic framework in tackling this question.

Beef

You will need to reflect on what NOSM's mission, vision statements mean and what their mandate is. You can look at the two 1) What NOSM is looking for, and 2) How your experiences/life show that you can be successful in what they are looking for (i.e. socially accountable, community engaged, etc).

That's a start. You need a logical and systematic framework in tackling this question.

Beef

Does it ever feel weird signing your name as Beef?

Ive had this pseudonym since 2007, so no. Perhaps initially it felt like signing off with a grocery list but that has long past.

If there were any remanent weird feelings about a pseudonym they would be quickly trumped by any weird feelings you get as a 2nd year NOSM med student doing breast, female pelvic and male genital exams in your first module back from summer break.

Ive had this pseudonym since 2007, so no. Perhaps initially it felt like signing off with a grocery list but that has long past.

If there were any remanent weird feelings about a pseudonym they would be quickly trumped by any weird feelings you get as a 2nd year NOSM med student doing breast, female pelvic and male genital exams in your first module back from summer break.

Sounds like a real wild party!

Archived