Premed 101 Forums

2015 Mcat

BlessedSoul

To be fair, you did not study for the trial section, and some of those questions (e.g., ones too difficult) will not be used on the 2015 MCAT. Lastly, it was the last section you wrote and did not count towards your score, so you were likely less focused on assimilating relevant knowledge and reading carefully while writing the trial section.

The passages are of comparable lengths, it's just that there are more of them. It's longer, but the scales should reflect any changes in difficulty to award you with a fair score.

To be fair, you did not study for the trial section, and some of those questions (e.g., ones too difficult) will not be used on the 2015 MCAT. Lastly, it was the last section you wrote and did not count towards your score, so you were likely less focused on assimilating relevant knowledge and reading carefully while writing the trial section.

The passages are of comparable lengths, it's just that there are more of them. It's longer, but the scales should reflect any changes in difficulty to award you with a fair score.

Yea I agree with you. Everyone is saying it's more difficult because:

1. They did not study for the material

2. No one really tried on that section because it doesn't count

3. You are super zoned out after completing your MCAT.

I wrote the section and I found it tougher for the above reasons. And I don't hear anyone mentioning the fact that YOU HAVE 7%+ MORE time per question than the current MCAT. (Current MCAT: 52 questions in 70 minutes, NEW MCAT: 67 questions in 95 minutes). The trial section didn't reflect this.

Archived