Premed 101 Forums

2017 UWO Stat

she took out the stats behind the desk and looked at it and read me what was on it... it said 21/21, however the average accaptance for best 2 years may or may not be different, she didn't tell me what she had on it... at the end she said it may be a typo or a mistake but will be confirmed later on in the week if it is indeed a mistake

Any updates?

Just confirmed that the avg dat scores on the site are correct. Also the RC cutoff last year was still 18 and is used as a cutoff for interview. There is no difference btwn reaching the cutoff score and reaching a 30 for example (for those who don't know). And just to note the average for the best 2 years really just went up by 1% from the previous year since it was rounded to 90.

Just confirmed that the avg dat scores on the site are correct. Also the RC cutoff last year was still 18 and is used as a cutoff for interview. There is no difference btwn reaching the cutoff score and reaching a 30 for example (for those who don't know). And just to note the average for the best 2 years really just went up by 1% from the previous year since it was rounded to 90.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the update! :) Wait, uwo dent only uses the RC as a cutoff? As in they dont even look at it afterwards once its past 18, kinda like how uoft med treats the 9/9/9 cutoffs on the mcat?

^ yes. As far as I know the cutoff is 18/30 for rc. you meet that you get an interview (it doesn't matter whether you get an 18 or a 30 on rc, they treat you the exact same). Now for acceptance they look at your grades (60% weight), interview performance/scores (25%) and DAT academic average ONLY (15%). so the RC score is not used AT ALL for acceptances, it is only there to grant you an interview, but mind you it is part of your AA calculation...

Yeah I have a friend at uwo - it's definitely as you say - rc is used for determination of interview only - and it is a cutoff - but apparently brutal in terms of getting that cutoff. It's do or die in order to get an interview even if you are at a 4.0 gpa - no rc cutoff level - no interview. Yikes!!

Interview is definitely "make-it-or-break-it" at Western. I interviewed there this past cycle with very comparable stats to the ones posted but didn't feel my interview was too great (got off to a rough start and couldn't recuperate). I was placed on the waitlist but was ultimately unsuccessful

I wouldn't say "make it or break it". When you look at its weighting in the whole equation the gpa score is by far more important. If you have a stellar gap, you have a bit of leeway on not acing the interview. You know going into it what your gpa and dat are, then You can actually calculate what you need to score on the interview. With an average of 4 or 5 questions you know what you need to score on each question

I wouldn't say "make it or break it". When you look at its weighting in the whole equation the gpa score is by far more important. If you have a stellar gap, you have a bit of leeway on not acing the interview. You know going into it what your gpa and dat are, then You can actually calculate what you need to score on the interview. With an average of 4 or 5 questions you know what you need to score on each question

What would you consider a stellar gap in terms of one's grades vs. entrance avg? :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived