Premed 101 Forums

Help with Research type

Onety-One

Hello all, long time lurker and now first time poster here.

I just started my undergrad this year and gotten to know one of my professors decently well by chance (kept running into her). After one day of talking to her after class about her research she told me to come by her office the next day and talk.

The next day we ended up talking about research and heres where i need help. She said she would like to try to get me into her research in the new year around summer which is great! However she is a Health and Comunity professor and does not do research in the lab, however looks into improving the health care system and methods on doing that.

The real question here is, is this research position a good one to get into even if I am pursuing medical school? I do not know what type of research this falls into. The type of work she does is interesting however is the type of research considered "science" research or is it classified as something different? I am curious to hear your guys takes on this and maybe get your opinion.

Thank you all for any responses!

Hello all, long time lurker and now first time poster here.

I just started my undergrad this year and gotten to know one of my professors decently well by chance (kept running into her). After one day of talking to her after class about her research she told me to come by her office the next day and talk.

The next day we ended up talking about research and heres where i need help. She said she would like to try to get me into her research in the new year around summer which is great! However she is a Health and Comunity professor and does not do research in the lab, however looks into improving the health care system and methods on doing that.

The real question here is, is this research position a good one to get into even if I am pursuing medical school? I do not know what type of research this falls into. The type of work she does is interesting however is the type of research considered "science" research or is it classified as something different? I am curious to hear your guys takes on this and maybe get your opinion.

Thank you all for any responses!

YES! this would set you apart from others, and sounds pretty cool, HOWEVER, only do it if YOU really think its interesting, otherwise, go find a prof you think does interesting work and ask to volunteer, its your time and you can do a bunch of theses that will "look good" on your ABS

Archived