Premed 101 Forums

Electronic LOR's?

jO-M

Hi all,

This is a dumb question, but I'm having problems with my credit card and haven't been able to start my application yet (granted I just created my account yesterday....)

How do electronic LOR's work? In other words, what does your referee need to do in order to submit them? I tried to look on the CaRMS site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers and good luck!

you still need to create a cover sheet for the ref letter, sign it and send it to your referee, he/she will create a CaRMS referee account, through which he/she will type an electronic letter and submit it under your CaRMS code and the "documentation code" shown on the cover sheet from you.

Hope it helps, good luck

I never used it. But there was an early referee form. You could print this sheet out and give it to the person writing your letter. They could then log into CaRMS and submit without you having an actual account. It was meant for people who got letters over the summer prior to CaRMS opening up.

Once you made an account in Sept/Oct these early letters which were submitted would then be filled under your name.

I never used it. But there was an early referee form. You could print this sheet out and give it to the person writing your letter. They could then log into CaRMS and submit without you having an actual account. It was meant for people who got letters over the summer prior to CaRMS opening up.

Once you made an account in Sept/Oct these early letters which were submitted would then be filled under your name.

Hi guys,

Just a q about asking for LORs. Doyou give your referees a deadline in your emailed request? Ie I'm applying to program x, would appreciate a letter from

You. Btw, the deadline is nov 15th!

Or does the carms email that goes to lors have the deadline on it?

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it rude to say, and here's a due date you should aim for?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Just a q about asking for LORs. Doyou give your referees a deadline in your emailed request? Ie I'm applying to program x, would appreciate a letter from

You. Btw, the deadline is nov 15th!

Or does the carms email that goes to lors have the deadline on it?

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it rude to say, and here's a due date you should aim for?

I told them they were due by the end of November to give me a fews days leeway. All mine have been done so far but I'll follow up mid-November for any leftover from earlier electives if they're not completed. I don't think it says anywhere on the cover letter to them - I'm pretty sure I checked. I didn't use the "email to referee" option though, I sent it to them myself.

Archived