Hey,

Just completed my UKCAT this Friday and got the following:

Verbal Reasoning: 810

Quantitative Reasoning: 780

Abstract Reasoning: 900

Decision Analysis: 860

Situational Judgement: Band 2

Average: 837.5

Completed my BSc Honours in Chemistry at UBC with final cumulative average of 79.2% (1st year: 66.1%, 2nd year: 81.6%, 3rd year: 79.9%, 4th year: 89.0%).

I've completed IB and GCSE as well.

I'm just trying to figure out which UK med schools I would be eligible for, and would appreciate any information anyone can give me that has successfully gone to the UK for med school.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey,

Just completed my UKCAT this Friday and got the following:

Verbal Reasoning: 810

Quantitative Reasoning: 780

Abstract Reasoning: 900

Decision Analysis: 860

Situational Judgement: Band 2

Average: 837.5

Completed my BSc Honours in Chemistry at UBC with final cumulative average of 79.2% (1st year: 66.1%, 2nd year: 81.6%, 3rd year: 79.9%, 4th year: 89.0%).

I've completed IB and GCSE as well.

I'm just trying to figure out which UK med schools I would be eligible for, and would appreciate any information anyone can give me that has successfully gone to the UK for med school.

Thanks a lot!

Hey, yeah your UKCAT is quite high so I would consider schools that like the UKCAT. Schools like King's, Newcastle would be on my list. You will probably be applying for GEM programs, keep in mind those are quite competitive, you can also apply for the 5 year standard programs which are slightly easier because there are more spots and you will have an advantage having already completed a degree. For the 5 year, I would look up Edinburgh.

If you have specific questions you can pm me, I am in the UK for med.

Archived