Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS - some trivial questions regarding form

Local66

Hello all,

Does anyone else get a feeling of wanting to vomit a little bit every time you're waiting for those pages on the CaRMS website to load? Anyway...

A silly question regarding form. How are you guys inputting your descriptions for your activities, accomplishments etc? Are you using complete sentences e.g "As the ____, I organized weekly meetings and _____. I also set up the ______ bla bla" vs. quick, note form, e.g. "Organized X, as well as set up Y"

Secondly, is anyone else puzzled by the order of entries? They get re-ordered in some mysterious way that is different from how they were entered, but I have honours/awards randomly dispersed amongst interests and leadership entries, and I would be horrified if this is the way it gets presented.

Finally, where should non-academic leadership positions be included (if at all)? E.g. where should I put my role as the founder and fearless leader of the Kingston crochet club? (not a true club).

-C

• 2 weeks later...

In the apply to programs tab, where you select the programs theres a link in the top right corner labelled something like my information summary or something. That compiles your whole application into one. This is the way it will be presented to the program. You can check it out there and see if you like it.

Archived