Premed 101 Forums

Anyone have info on MCAT study materials in McMaster Area??

Guest Katie MB

Guest Katie MB

I am writing my MCAT in August and just moved here from Vancouver Island on a student exchange and doing research at McMaster. I was wondering if anyone has any MCAT material for sale in the area or has recommendations on what texts to buy?? Where do I get the old AAMC material?? I am also still debating taking a course - I have got a seat in both the Kaplan and Princeton courses, but am unsure which one to take if I do decide to take one?? I am leaning towards not taking one because of the high price and I am a fairly independent studier with a fresh science background. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or direction for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks,

Katie

Guest mdhopeful23

hi katie

i live in the 'mac' area and i might be selling my Princeton Review mcat material from last year. however, i am still holding onto them until i hear from med school...

most likely i will be selling my materials whether im accepted or not. if you're interested, send me an email (my address is mdhopeful23@hotmail.com) and ill let you know the details (ie. what materials i have, how much im asking, when ill be selling).

hope this helps :)

Guest blinknoodle

I also could forward you email addies of people selling mcat stuff around Hamilton.

Generally, I think the consensus is PR is more comprehensive than Kaplan. So their usefulness is based on your own circumstances (study time, previous exposure to material, etc). I think that self study with either sets of books is a good idea if you've already learned the majority of the stuff, but make sure you practice taking the full-length tests.

-blinknoodle

Guest Katie MB

Hi mdhopeful23,

I tried to send you an e-mail, but it said the hotmail address didn't exist - I am interested in knowing the details

Katie :D

Guest mdhopeful23

hi katie,

well i tried to access my own email and looks like hotmail 'deleted' it. but i re-activated it and its back up now (i think) or try personal messaging me/sending an email to my ezboard account. not sure how to actually send a message, but i know how to check my personal ezboard mssges.

sorry about that!

Guest CHUBBY

I am living in toronto and will be writing the MCAT in August...does anyone have any mcat materials for sale???

thanks

Guest Elaine I

I have a bunch of books for sale, from several different companies. Most of the material is brand new, as I ended up taking a Princeton Review course. I live in Toronto, but frequent Hamilton on a regular basis, so I could drop off the materials for you in either city.

Please e-mail me at elaine.irwin@sympatico.ca.

Thanks,

Elaine

• 1 month later...
Guest Edwarder

Hi,

I live 45 minutes from Hamilton and have a few materials for sale:

I have a Kaplan MCAT 2000 book (it is about 2 inches thick and includes review sections, practices tests, and a CD ROM. I went through this book and then borrowed a few practice MCATS from Career Services at my campus and did fine on the MCAT.

I also have a guide to medical schools and a Princeton Science Review booklet.

My Kaplan book was $108.00 new and I would be happy to sell it (plus the other books for free) for any reasonable offer.

Let me know. I could arrange to come into Hamilton to sell them tomorrow!

Ed

Archived