Premed 101 Forums

York Students - English course for Western/UofM?

Any York students applying to either school this year/have previously applied? I'm looking for an english course that will fulfill both of these schools' requirements. Since we're mostly science majors here I figure you guys might know some acceptable courses that won't have me completely over my head as a non-major. A lot of my premed friends have taken EN 1953 - Canadian Writers in Person, but neither PT school has been able to give me a definitive 'yes' when I sent them the course outline for that course.

So to be safe, I was wondering if anyone knew any 6 credit EN literature course with 1500 words of essay writing that's fairly aceable for a non-major? I've been looking at Filming Literature, and Children's Literature at Glendon (can't find an outline). Kind of leaning towards Filming Literature but I'd like to get some feedback from here if possible...thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I took American Literature EN 2230. The final Research Essay consisted of a word count of 1500-1800 words. You mentioned "aceable", which is not the first word that comes to mind upon reflection of the course. However it was a 6 credit, taken over the SU term.

Archived