Premed 101 Forums

MCAT course materials & a stack of premed books

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Shortly, I'll be putting a wee ad up on eBay to peddle these books, but I thought it might be useful to place them all here, too in case anyone around here may be interested and didn't think to check out the adverts on eBay.

Over the years of application cycles, I've taken both MCAT test preparation courses (Kaplan (2000) and Princeton Review (2002)) and have all the course materials (both sets of course books, the Kaplan flashcards, AAMC practice exams, etc.). Additionally, when I did a bit of an edit of my bookshelves I was slightly surprised to discover that I have a fairly sizeable number of different types of premed reference books. Since I'll hopefully be needing to liberate some bookshelf space for some different types of textbooks come the fall, I'd like to offer all of these premed books with the MCAT preparation books in one package. Here is the list of books (that I've uncovered thus far ;) ):

1) Medical School Admission Requirements 2003-4; AAMC

2) Medical School Admissions Adviser; Kaplan

3) The Insider's Guide to Medical Schools; Petersons

4) The Black Book on Canadian Medical Schools; Ferdinand

5) Essays that Will Get You Into Medical School; Barron's

6) Getting Into Medical School Today; Plantz

7) Getting Into Medical School; Barron's

8) Applying to Medical School for the Non-Traditional Student; Goss

9) Opening the Doors to Canadian Medical Schools; Elford

10) Medical School Admissions; Zebala

11) The Insider's Guide to Medical School Admissions; Toyos

12) The Complete Medical School Preparation & Admissions Guide; Goliszek

If anyone may be interested in all of the above, please send me a private message and we can chat.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest dopetown

Hi Kirsteen,

It looks like you have quite a few "Getting into Medical School" books. Would you mind telling us a bit about them? How have they helped you? How are they different from others? Thumbs up or down?

Thanks,

-Dopetown

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there dopetown,

I've collected and read these books over 4-5 years, so it's tough to say how each has helped during these processes. Also, I amassed many of them early on, when I had less of an idea as to what I was getting into re: the application process. I might have been able to offer a better review had I read each one in a short span of time. Also, what I take might be different from what you may take from each book.

Although I didn't use any of them as a template for my own medical schools essays, the essays within the "Essays That Will..." book were illuminating. I found it quite enjoyable to read each one of them and see how each applicant approached the task at hand.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Come to think of it, I'd be interested to read some of those "how to get into medical school" books and see the parallels/perpendiculars of my own situation/qualities with those outlined in said books. Of course, that could be a project for the summer when I will have no job and nothing better to do...

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived