Time Stamp: 3:48 EST

Interview Date: not yet decided

Result: Invite

wGPA: 3.82

MCAT: 11/11/11/Q

ECs: Lots (working for Google Now)

Year: Graduated with BSc 2 years ago

Geography: OOP

Aren't you considered IP? I remember you posting saying you moved to Alberta for in-state status

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wGPA: 3.7

MCAT: 12-13-12

EC: Apparently not strong enough :(

OOP

It's not your EC's. It's your GPA.

OOP have a GPA cutoff of 3.8 and 11VR. So they basically didn't even look at your file and disqualified at the start. Sorry to hear that but your MCAT is killer, you'll get in somewhere without a doubt.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Result: Rejection

wGPA: 3.92

MCAT: 11/ VR10 / 11

ECs: Hospital volunteering for 3 years (though very few hours overall); tutoring for 3 years (again, not very many hours); youth group for my church; summer lab student twice

Year: Graduating with a BSc. Honors this year

Geography: IP

Considering the invite rate of 34.9% (dropped from 43% last year, I think), I am not upset at my result. Congrats to those who got invited for an interview, and good luck to those considering reapplying next year (including myself)!

Result: Rejection

wGPA: 3.92

MCAT: 11/ VR10 / 11

ECs: Hospital volunteering for 3 years (though very few hours overall); tutoring for 3 years (again, not very many hours); youth group for my church; summer lab student twice

Year: Graduating with a BSc. Honors this year

Geography: IP

Considering the invite rate of 34.9% (dropped from 43% last year, I think), I am not upset at my result. Congrats to those who got invited for an interview, and good luck to those considering reapplying next year (including myself)!

wrong thread :P 2015!

Archived