Premed 101 Forums

ROL :Can someone Kindly Compare Calgary's Internal medicine program with McMaster's ?

Can someone Kindly Compare Calgary's Internal medicine program with McMaster's ? Would be really appreciated as I am stuck as to which one to rank higher:confused:

Thanks

I always thought (and have been told multiple times) that McMaster's IM program is the best in the country....so probably rank that one higher.

I'd say rank based off location...Both programs are great but very different locations. Where is your family? Where do you hope to settle in the future?

Thank you both for the prompt replies : )

At this point, I think the quality of training is all I want to think about when ranking the programs as my families are flexible . They would be ok to settle wherever I chose to go for the next three years:)

I know in the end one makes one's own residency as eventually what really counts is how much work we put into it, but in terms of some objective parameters, which one is better (McMaster Vs. Calgary).

I mean things like relative easiness of matching into a competitive fellowship, and establish connections to land a job immediately after residency. With Mac Being one of the ontario Schools, would it increase your chance of fellowship matching as there are probably way more spots in Ontario for fellowship training compared to that of Alberta ?:confused: Getting into a program in your own geographical area is relative easier because of the connections you established in residency are more likely people from your own province or people who knows someone in your own province ? Am I correct ?

(sorry for Policy_47 , As i do not have any insight regarding edmonton's program, i am not able to comment on its strength. Hope someone later in the day can help answere your questions :P)

Archived