Premed 101 Forums

Dartmouth Vs. Canada

Guest nibhoshk

Guest nibhoshk

Canada Vs. Dartnouth

Hey Everyone,

I am a Canadian Citizen (born and raised in Toronto where I attended undergrad) and have been accepted to Dartmouth Medical School.

As well, I had 5 interviews at the Canadian Schools (U of T, U of A, U of Ottawa, McMaster, Queen's) but I don't found out about these schools until May 31st.

If you were in my position, would you attend Dartmouth or attend the Canadian Schools. At present, if I were to be accepted, I prefer to Attend U of Toronto of all the Canadian Medical Schools. However, I don't know which one is better; U of Toronto or Dartmouth.

At this time, I am not sure where I want to pratise?

I thank anyone for any suppport or help they provide,

Cheers :D

Guest doctorinthehouse

I'm not sure which is better, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it right now. Your decision might be made for you (in the unfortunate event that you don't get into UofT). If you've got the time, you might as well not worry about it until you find out where else you've gotten in

Do you need to let Dartmouth know before May 31? If so, do they require a deposit and are you willing to lose that deposit if you end up getting into UofT?

Sometimes, it's good to put the money down so you at least have a spot somewhere, even if you lose that money by accepting somewhere else later. If it's a thousand dollars, it might be worth it to you in the long run to sacrifice that amount and go where you want to.

Archived