Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist

Keep your heads up guys you're almost there. I've been there and I've noticed a trend that if you are on the waitlist one year you are usually accepted the next.

The first 1-2 usually get off of it. Last year it was just 1.

I think the interview makes all the difference so work on that for next year (If you are waitlisted there is a good chance you already look excellent on paper and just need to get an edge during the interview).

I found that group work was what really drove me to succeed during TaMMI. It cut down on stress and gave me a means of obtaining valuable critiques. My best advice to you is in Sept. put together a weekly meeting with some friends (and make a FB group) and spend a couple of hours talking about NL medical issues. When you get comfortable (we started this phase in Oct) start to pair up in small groups and ask each other MMI questions under timed conditions. Evaluate each other after the fact and discuss with the larger group. The trick is to be VERY comfortable and relaxed when you walk into that room on interview day.

We did it from Sept-Nov and so far 4/6 were accepted (One was even a first time applicant :) ). Our OOP members won't know for another few weeks. :rolleyes:

Also, I'll be starting med school in the August so feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been placed on the "other provinces" reserve list. Anyone else in the same boat? And does anyone have any idea if this list typically sees a lot of movement? I expect nothing will happen until May 13th when Ontario and other schools send out their offers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived