Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone gotten this question?

Guest 0T6

So I'm sitting here procrastinating and thinking of potential interview question.. I was wondering if anyone's been asked this:

"What do you think Dr/Mr/Mrs/Ms ____ had to say about you in the reference letter they wrote, and why?"

Of course this assumes that you both stuck to the confidentiality.

Anyways, has anyone heard that or something like it?

Guest pinkmango2005

Hi!

I actually got this questions at my interview on Sunday. A bit more general though cuz they didn't have the names of my referees or the actual letters. They just asked "what do you think your references would say about you?". Hope that helps!

Guest medeng

I don't know if you would have to worry about the confidentiality bit, most interviewers don't have the reference letters in front of them from what I've heard... but I was asked "How would your friends describe you?", which is not the same, but similar...

Thanks for the quick replies!

The friend one seems to be asked pretty often. I think the reference one might be a little odd though because if you're TOO right (and they do have references iinfront or they looked at them before the interview), it might seem like you saw the letter, even if you didn't, and the ethical implications and ahhhh! Sorry.. I'm neurotic. :)

Guest Princess Jasmeen

During my interview, I was asked the question:

"what would my references have said about the area that I need to improve the most on?"

This was a specific question that the references were asked to respond to.

THe interviewers did not have a copy of the reference letters but more of a general question with regards to all of them.

Guest makdaddy08

Yes I am stating the obvious, but those are just different ways to ask the question "What are your strengths and weaknesses". I think most interviews ask you to assess yourself and your attributes in one form or another. asking it with the friend or reference twist is just re-wording the question.

Archived