Premed 101 Forums

Feb dat

Right! Keep up on extracurriculum, so you can talk about it during the interview. Also, do more research. I believe UT and UBC both care quite a lot about your research experience.

Really? That's new. I know U of T and UBC Med care a lot about your ECA + research but I didn't know dentistry did the same. I guess they ask about it during your interview?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Glad to see scores are out. Would like some input! I will mainly be applying to the States...

Quite bummed by Bio, but quite happy with everything else.

RC: 19

Bio: 17

Chem : 22

PAT: 22

AA/TS : 19

What are your thoughts? Would it be okay with the states? :S

Right! Keep up on extracurriculum, so you can talk about it during the interview. Also, do more research. I believe UT and UBC both care quite a lot about your research experience.

What are you talking about.

Research and extra curriculars have next to nothing to do with the application process to either school.

You're completely incorrect. Stop feeding incorrect information. I applied during this cycle so I am quite familiar with the application process.

If anyone needs clarification feel free to PM me.

Really? That's new. I know U of T and UBC Med care a lot about your ECA + research but I didn't know dentistry did the same. I guess they ask about it during your interview?

UBC is basically MMI Style. They only do situational and ethics based. They do not ask about your research or ECs. No references are allowed.

U of T uses CDA meaning half will be "tell me about a time" but this does not need to be research. A job or a volunteer experience may help but it's not needed whatsoever.

Completely different than med school. Dentistry is marks, DAT, and Interview ONLY

UGH!

RC: 20

BIO: 24

Chem: 21

PAT: 15

AA: 22

Will I have to retake because of my PAT? :(

Bribs, it depends on where you have your sights on studying.

For some Canadian schools, you won't need to retake.

For American Schools, I believe your PAT score would be considered too low despite your great AA. However, I'd call the individual schools and ask them to be certain. Anytime a student scores 24+ on a section, it definitely stands out to an admissions committee, so that is very impressive.

UBC is basically MMI Style. They only do situational and ethics based. They do not ask about your research or ECs. No references are allowed.

U of T uses CDA meaning half will be "tell me about a time" but this does not need to be research. A job or a volunteer experience may help but it's not needed whatsoever.

Completely different than med school. Dentistry is marks, DAT, and Interview ONLY

For UT, my friend talked his research experience to support his argument during the interview. I apologize for generalizing it.

For UT, my friend talked his research experience to support this argument during the interview. I apologize for generalizing it.

Not a problem I just find there is so much incorrect information on the forum. People told someone he might be waitlisted with a 3.95 high dat and average interview.

This forum used to be helpful but now seems to be discouraging applicants or putting them down with false information.

You can use research but if you talk about it too much in the interview and don't focus on the question it can be boring. I used group work in a 2nd year methods of biology class for one question, worked out well apparently lol.

Just everyone be careful what you read. Go by stats on each schools site rather than the forum. Everyone seems to be trolling or just benign disrespectful this year.

Bio: 24

General chem:19

PAT:20

RCT: 22

TS: 21

MDT= 5. 5!?!? What does thst mean!??! I dont get it my measurements were correct, surfaces were smooth and straight, angles were alright.i I had one 2mm chip and one of my measurements was 2mm off but 5!?!

I'm applying to UBC anywaud but my PAT is lower than their average of 22 :(

Hey guys! Just had a heart attack seeing the email for DAT results. Here are my results, what do you guys think?

RC: 27

Bio: 19

Chem: 20

Sciences: 19

MDT: 26

I didn't study at all for biology/chemistry since I don't need them where I'm applying, so just mainly looking at RC, PAT and MDT. :)

Hmmm I got AA 20 and PAT 20. My cumulative GPA is 3.99. But I have been looking at the U of T, Western and UBC stats and seems like my DAT is below average.

Should I retake it?

I think with a 3.99 GPA you hv no problem getting an interview anywhere. Your DAT is fine, I think you don't need to retake :)

Hey guys! Just had a heart attacks seeing the email for DAT results. Here are my results, what do you guys think?

RC: 27

Bio: 19

Chem: 20

Sciences: 19

MDT: 26

I didn't study at all for biology/chemistry since I don't need them where I'm applying, so just mainly looking at RC, PAT and MDT. :)

YOU ARE A FKN GENIUS IN MDT omg ! i got 8 and i was so proud !

seriously thats very good!!

AA = 23

RC = 27 :eek:

PAT = 22

MDT = 2 :P I didn't even finish haha...

I am planning to apply to UT, UWO, McGill, and UBC. I know they don't look at MDT but would my SO BAD MDT mark affect my application? :confused:

My best 2 yr GPA is around 3.96/91% (did horrible in my first year )

I called UT about the MDT mark and they said they just completely ignore it lol So I don't think you have to worry about it :)

Great scores btw! Are you IP for UBC and UT?

I called UT about the MDT mark and they said they just completely ignore it lol So I don't think you have to worry about it :)

Great scores btw! Are you IP for UBC and UT?

Thanks! That's a huge relieve lol

I'm IP for UT but OOP for UBC :( But I remember UBC's OOP accepted avg last yr was 89? So I thought I'd give it a try :P

Bio: 24

Chem: 23

RC: 24

AA: 24

PAT: 18 --> :mad:

My GPA should be around 3.92. Which schools do you guys think I have the best shot at?

Depending on whether you are IP or OOP and whether 3.92 is ur cGPA or best 2 years. Ur science scores are great btw :) congrats!

I am planning to apply to UWO. I am OOP. My best 2 year is probably somewhere the same around 3.90ish

UWO doesn't hv a quota for OOP so you should be fine :) and from what I know UWO only look at GPA (in %) and your RC score for giving out interviews.

Your RC is great and if your GPA is around 87+ I think you will get an interview at UWO :)

Bribs, it depends on where you have your sights on studying.

For some Canadian schools, you won't need to retake.

For American Schools, I believe your PAT score would be considered too low despite your great AA. However, I'd call the individual schools and ask them to be certain. Anytime a student scores 24+ on a section, it definitely stands out to an admissions committee, so that is very impressive.

Thank you for the reply - it's very appreciated. I will do exactly just that.

Archived