Premed 101 Forums

Feb dat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else write a DAT previous to this one and can comment on the level of difficulty relative to other DAT tests? I know Feb is easier than Nov, but in general, what did you think?

Why would the Feb one be easier than the other?

Did anyone else write a DAT previous to this one and can comment on the level of difficulty relative to other DAT tests? I know Feb is easier than Nov, but in general, what did you think?

I've taken both Nov. 2013 and Feb. 2014 DATs. I did very well on the Nov. DAT, but I honestly feel more confident about my Feb. DAT scores. I don't necessarily think that the Feb. DAT was easier, I just felt that I had been more thorough preparing myself for it. In general I think that the difficulty of the DAT is the same whether you take it in Nov. or Feb. The only thing that might change is the curving of the scores given that, typically, less people take the DAT in February.

Once again, that's just a feeling I have. I guess I'll find out whether I did better than I did in the Nov. DAT in a couple of weeks!

I've taken both Nov. 2013 and Feb. 2014 DATs. I did very well on the Nov. DAT, but I honestly feel more confident about my Feb. DAT scores. I don't necessarily think that the Feb. DAT was easier, I just felt that I had been more thorough preparing myself for it. In general I think that the difficulty of the DAT is the same whether you take it in Nov. or Feb. The only thing that might change is the curving of the scores given that, typically, less people take the DAT in February.

Once again, that's just a feeling I have. I guess I'll find out whether I did better than I did in the Nov. DAT in a couple of weeks!

I don't mean to be rude, but what made you to take the DAT again in Feb if you did so well in Nov DAT? Also, what is your standard of doing very well? Would you mind sharing numbers?

I don't mean to be rude, but what made you to take the DAT again in Feb if you did so well in Nov DAT? Also, what is your standard of doing very well? Would you mind sharing numbers?

My Nov. 2013 stats were

AA: 21

TS:21

PAT:23

RC: 23

MDT: 23

I was really happy with my results, but since my school considers the best DAT from the past 3 years then it couldn't hurt my chances (only my wallet) of getting in if I tried again.

^ Great scores...and you made the right decision, my friend. These days Canadian schools are as competitive as ever where a 21AA is often considered below average. All the best for your Feb. scores!

Thank you! I'm (im)patiently waiting for them. Good luck to you as well!

My Nov. 2013 stats were

I was really happy with my results, but since my school considers the best DAT from the past 3 years then it couldn't hurt my chances (only my wallet) of getting in if I tried again.

^ Good for you! They do look pretty awesome :) Thank you for sharing man!

Thanks ckqkx!

I did feb dat and i just wanted to know what do theses letters mean ? i'm going to have my results in french so im just wondering !

Thank you

And these stand for:

AA = Academic Average

TS = Science Total

PAT = Perceptual Ability Test

RC = Reading Comprehension

MDT = Manual Dexterity Test

The 'DAT Transcript' button isn't clickable at the moment.

Must mean they're adding our results! :P

lol I really hope so. But it was like that since Feb 28th. So I'm assuming it's because there is no transcript available for anyone :P. I hope they at least upload it by this Friday though :(

Archived