Premed 101 Forums

McMaster OT MMI Prep Tips ?

My sister-in-law will be interviewing in a few weeks for Mac OT and I thought I'd try and help her out by asking if anyone out there might be able to provide some tips for prep?

I've already told her I suspect that practicing MMI questions will help her organize and communicate her answers more effectively.

Any literature/issues that might be worthwhile looking over maybe?

Thanks and good luck to all those interviewing!

RR

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing a lot of practice MMI questions but I find it hard talking for 6 mins straight. I did an MMI at Ottawa and they provided us with further questions after we finished talking. But I've heard that it looks bad to not fill the time. I was wondering how others are finding the time limit? Do you find it hard to fill the 6 mins?

I find it really hard! I don't see why it would be viewed as a bad thing to not fill up a whole 6 minutes. Isn't it hard to listen to somebody just go on for 6 minutes instead of breaking it up with prompts?

Does anybody else have any input? I was practicing with a friend and their recommendation was to actually give shorter answers to allow time for prompts because it is hard to pay attention for the whole 6 minutes.

I find it really hard! I don't see why it would be viewed as a bad thing to not fill up a whole 6 minutes. Isn't it hard to listen to somebody just go on for 6 minutes instead of breaking it up with prompts?

Does anybody else have any input? I was practicing with a friend and their recommendation was to actually give shorter answers to allow time for prompts because it is hard to pay attention for the whole 6 minutes.

When reading the MMI for the mind book all of the questions had about 4-6 interviewer prompts which leads me to think that if they need more information they will prompt you - honestly I think if you effectively answer the question it's better then to ramble on trying to fill up 6 minutes.

Thank you this was very helpful.

I think for some of the questions they might expect you to take up most of the time to show that you have considered all the options and have really thought it through. While other questions I can't imagine how they would expect someone to talk for 6 mins about it haha

Archived