Premed 101 Forums

PT/OT MMI Interviews @ Mac

I hope everyones interviews went well this past weekend. I was wondering if anyone had any information on how the 25%-SubGPA / Interview-75% works. Is it based on percentile?

Hi! Hope your MMI went well! I interviewed for OT yesterday!

Re: your question, I'm pretty sure it's not based on percentile. I think this is how it works:

The scores you get on your MMI will be combined and then the admissions committee will assign you a final score for the MMI portion (which they will not tell you). This score will be worth 75% of the final decision to bring you into the program. So, if you got 90% on the MMI, that's like 90% of 75 (i.e. 67.5/75) -- which is pretty good!

As for the subGPA, I'm assuming it works the same way. If you got a perfect 4.0 (i.e. 100%), that gives you the full 25%.

So, if you got 90% on the MMI and a 4.0 subGPA, that's a very strong final ranking of 92.5 (since 67.5 + 25 = 92.5). They let in approximately 65 students, so the top 65 scores get into the program!

I haven't done math like that in ages (I come from an arts background), so forgive me if my logic is wrong!

Archived