Premed 101 Forums

Thank you letters?

Guest babydoctor

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there babydoctor,

It really depends and you and the school at which you're interviewing. In terms of the school, unless the Admissions Office provides you with the individual addresses of your interviewers (as UBC used to when they had one-on-one interviews) then it will be a little more challenging to get thank you letters to your intended recipients. You could always send them to the Admissions Office and have them forwarded, but that seems a little keen. Also, some Admissions Offices stipulate that interviewees do not contact interviewers, post-interview. In terms of the interviewee, it just boils down to whether or not you are the type of person who feels more comfortable sending a note of thanks.

In short, if you have the address of your interviewer, you are permitted to contact them post-interview, and you are the type who feels comfortable sending a thank you note, then I don't see that there would be too much else barring you to do so. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Sarah371

Hey Babydoctor,

I agree with Kirsteen it really depends on you...I send thank-you notes to everyone.....for writing letters, electives etc. I suggest you by some small note cards....the type with room for just 3 or 4 lines and just write a short note saying how much you enjoyed meeting the interviewers and wishing them the best for the future. Most people appreciate a little note acknowledging there help kindness etc. I wrote all my CaRMS interviewers after I matched so that there was no pressure or suggestion of impropriety...but you really have to do what you feel comfortable with.

That being said in the States it is expected that you write thank you letters to your interviewers.

SARAH

Archived