Premed 101 Forums

Best resources during IM residency?

BK47

Hey all,

I'm going to be starting IM residency in July and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good reference resource to study from regularly.

When I was a clerk doing my core IM and electives, I used Step Up to Medicine which I found great, but I feel like now that I'm going to be a resident I need to use a different resource.

Are Toronto Notes any good as a resource? Does anyone use Cecil's or Harrison's to study from regularly, or are they mostly just for reference?

I'd appreciate any thoughts / insights you guys might have.

Thanks!

Awhile back I flipped through some of the MKSAP stuff and it's really great! The most recent edition now is MKSAP16 and it seems the residents refer to it a lot when they study. There's also an associated question bank if you like questions (MKSAP for Students 5 I think). Like you I also used SUTM during clerkship, and if you liked that, MKSAP is very similar but a bit more detailed, which I think is a good thing..lol

The other thing that may be nice is Medstudy. I think the americans use it for their boards/in-service, but it's a collection of high-yield videos on every internal sub-spec and can vary things up a bit and gives great review. It's expensive but that's why the internet exists.

I'm not sure if anyone reads Cecil's/Harrison's to study. I've referred to them and use them as a handy resource but have a hard time studying them given their size.

Archived