Premed 101 Forums

MCAT and GPA Cutoffs for Non-Maritime Applicants

On the Memorial website it states this under the FAQ:

"We do not have a minimum cumulative GPA or MCAT scores (except for the Other Canadian Provinces/Non-Canadian competition)."

But I can't find these cutoffs anywhere on the website. Are these posted somewhere or do they not let people know what the cutoffs are.

On the Memorial website it states this under the FAQ:

"We do not have a minimum cumulative GPA or MCAT scores (except for the Other Canadian Provinces/Non-Canadian competition)."

But I can't find these cutoffs anywhere on the website. Are these posted somewhere or do they not let people know what the cutoffs are.

It changes from year to year and they won't tell you because it varies so much. There are only 5 seats for ~200 applicants so my guess is they would be fairly high.

It changes from year to year and they won't tell you because it varies so much. There are only 5 seats for ~200 applicants so my guess is they would be fairly high.

Thanks for the reply.

Using Memorial's GPA scale, my GPA is 3.83, so it's rather on the low side I'm assuming. I'm re-writing my MCAT again on the last possible day for MUN (which is Sept. 12) so I won't be getting my score before applications are due (Sept. 15).

Based on my GPA, do I even stand a chance considering there are 5 spots for 200 non-Maritime CDN applicants?

Archived