Premed 101 Forums

U of A Admissions 2018

• 3 weeks later...

bayesteh and Lebron James, did you both figure out you were waitlisted through a phone call, email, or a letter? Has anyone actually received a (non early) acceptance yet? Last year, people were posting about their acceptances on July 2. I'm getting anxious...

Last year's U of A acceptance thread:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79993&page=3

Hey man, so we were notified by mail. All the general acceptance and the notification of waitlist are sent out via Mail on the same day. Whether or not we get in from the waitlist is a matter of receiving a phone call from UofA. And yes the letters were sent out a little later this year. And the letters of rejection are actually sent out about a week or two after the general/waitlist ones. So people will get the rejection letters probably next week or the week after. That might be disappointing to read. But! Depending on where you live, the general acceptance/waitlist letters may take longer to reach you. I got mine on Monday and I'm close to Edmonton.

Thanks for the quick reply! I live in Calgary. I hope I'm not flat out rejected :( I thought my interview helped to save me from my horrendous DAT score. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

GPA: 3.89

DAT: 15 MDT/ 20 PAT/ 23 RC

Interview: 45/49

According to the calculations most of you guys have been doing, I sit at 87.7

No worries! I also live in calgary so that is strange. What is even more strange is your interview score is legendary. Albeit the subpar DAT score but come on, that interview score trumps everything else if you ask me. I really hope you are at least waitlisted!

Thanks for the quick reply! I live in Calgary. I hope I'm not flat out rejected :( I thought my interview helped saved me from my horrendous DAT score. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

GPA: 3.89

DAT: 15 MDT/ 20 PAT/ 23 RC

Interview: 45/49

According to the calculations most of you guys have been doing, I sit at 87.7

Archived