Premed 101 Forums

Osap

I did an OSAP Aid estimator - and put in my income information and it showed I would get $13,917 - pretty much $14,000.

I just submitted my actual OSAP application, and it said that my aid estimate is only $11,500.

Has anyone had such a big discrepancy? I don't know why it went down by $2,500 (even though I entered the same income information i.e. annual income, and income in 16 wk period before study, and savings) :confused:

Anyone had a similar encounter?

Yeah, the estimator tool doesn't always line up with what you receive or the estimate at the end of your application. I had $4-5K separating the tool's outcome and application estimate first year, ~$2K in second year, so your gap doesn't seem abnormally large based on my experience.

I did an OSAP Aid estimator - and put in my income information and it showed I would get $13,917 - pretty much $14,000.

I just submitted my actual OSAP application, and it said that my aid estimate is only $11,500.

Has anyone had such a big discrepancy? I don't know why it went down by $2,500 (even though I entered the same income information i.e. annual income, and income in 16 wk period before study, and savings) :confused:

Anyone had a similar encounter?

My estimator was about 3K higher than my actual aid estimate, and I am pretty sure I entered the exact same info on both. I was disappointed!

My estimator was about 3K higher than my actual aid estimate, and I am pretty sure I entered the exact same info on both. I was disappointed!

yeah.. in previous years, my estimate and actual OSAP have been pretty close with like a few tens of dollars difference (not even hundreds). :/ don't know what's going on, and not really sure who to contact about it..

• 3 weeks later...

so yeah I got my actual OSAP assessment today, and it's the $11,500 predicted right after I submitted my app, rather than near the $13,917 estimator said.

I honestly don't get this :(

Archived