Premed 101 Forums

TPR Practice MCATS Not Improving

futuredoc2323

The same is happening for me. With Princeton I find their tests are fairly different from the AAMC tests. While with AAMC they aren't really testing brute knowledge, the Princeton tests aim for exactly that.

The Princeton tests do tend to underscore you, have you tried an AAMC test? All my AAMC tests scores have been at least 5 points higher than my Princeton ones. I've resorted to only doing AAMC practice tests because as much as Princeton may try, they can't replicate the AAMC so I would say its safe just to stick to the AAMC tests.

Maybe if you're looking for a real challenge do the Princeton ones, but i've decided to steer clear of them, because at least for me they do nothing but reduce my confidence and leave me feeling dumb afterwards.

Don't worry, you're not the only one with this issue! :)

Hmm, it's been a while but I was scoring on average 12-9-12 on practice tests.

I remember there was one AAMC practice test that was way too easy, I think I actually scored 15 on the BS.. it's one of the older tests. The newer ones are more relevant. I didn't do any TPR practice tests in one sitting because I noticed how different they were from the AAMC ones, particularly in the VR section.

I noticed a similar trend when I did the TPR tests last summer. Do the AAMC ones first because they seem to be more relevant.

Disagree 100%. Perhaps do only AAMC 3 for a baseline score but save all AAMC resources near the end of your studying.

I wouldn't worry about your TPR scores. They are more difficult from the actual MCAT. The only scores you should truly care about are those from your AAMC exams. I think on SDN most people reported that their actual MCAT score was +/- 2 points of their practice scores.

Disagree 100%. Perhaps do only AAMC 3 for a baseline score but save all AAMC resources near the end of your studying.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that you should do all the tests far in advance. I meant that you should do the AAMC ones over the TPR ones, particularly if you don't have time for all the tests.

Archived