Premed 101 Forums

Princeton Review VR Review

Stegalls

Anyone know are PR Verbal questions harder than the real MCAT? I feel like sometimes the answers I get wrong have "right answers" that barely are referred to in the passage and very strong attractors to the wrong answer i chose like (all right except one word).

I think it's really hard to say if TPR VR is harder or easier than the actual MCAT. There are, however, subtle differences and it's important to keep in mind that not one single source represents the AAMC MCAT exactly. With that said, you can try VR practice from different sources (Kaplan, EK). Expose yourself to different types/styles of VR passages/questions and on the real MCAT, you might be able to adapt better to the AAMC styled questions.

As for your specific issue, you can try scanning the questions really quickly before you start reading the passage to get an idea of the important people/dates/concepts that the questions will ask you. This way, when you go to read the passage, you know which parts to pay more attention to and which parts to highlight. Some people advise against reading the questions before hand, others swear by it. Everyone has their own way of doing VR and I suggest you really take the time to find yours!

Good luck :)

Archived