Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Interview Rejection Score?

• 1 month later...

Aren't you invariably given an interview as long as you meet the GPA/ MCAT requirements?

No, not at all. The number of people that meet the requirements far exceed the number of interview invitations they're willing to send out. On top of that, the GPA/MCAT scores only account for a small fraction of the pre-interview score. It all comes down to the Supplementary essays and activities. 

No, not at all. The number of people that meet the requirements far exceed the number of interview invitations they're willing to send out. On top of that, the GPA/MCAT scores only account for a small fraction of the pre-interview score. It all comes down to the Supplementary essays and activities. 

Oh wow, I did not know this. I thought the verifiers and such were contacted after the interview had been conducted and thus by extension, interviews were offered to everyone who met requirements. That's pretty nerve wracking to learn O.o

Oh wow, I did not know this. I thought the verifiers and such were contacted after the interview had been conducted and thus by extension, interviews were offered to everyone who met requirements. That's pretty nerve wracking to learn O.o

if only it were that easy...

Actually, if you are an IP student and you meet the cut-offs, you are given an interview.  Not for everyone else :(

OHHH that must be it! I'm surprised that they only receive 450 applicants tbh O.O But my sense of scale has been messed up after learning that the CASPer is going to be for 5000+ applicants this year. Yikes.

Archived