Premed 101 Forums

Studying Medicine In China

Hi everyone!

I was wondering about studying the mbbs degree in China. I did some research, and despite it being 6 years, it does have a low cost and I could actually apply to some reputable university with decent classes compared to Carib or Australia. But then again, I would have wasted the bachelors degree I am currently doing.

I would not even mind working as a doctor in China, despite low pay and weird Chinese attitudes.

I also know how to speak Mandarin fluently. 

Just wondering of your opinion on this :)

I think he means mainland. I don't recommend it. Everyone in the know including Chinese people know that foreigners have it incredibly easy when it comes to admissions. Schools that are considered top notch in China for chinese students are not so for foreigners. 

With that being said you won't be able to practice medicine in China without being a Chinese Citizen I believe. I don't recommend it. However, if you are ethnic Chinese, i'm sure you can pull some strings and get into the chinese healthcare system. 

Don't go unless you are sure you want to practice in the Chinese system. In the short term its hell, maybe things will change in 20+ years but for now ugh. 

Archived