Premed 101 Forums

Tuition fees

Guest medeng

Guest medeng

Just doing some hopeful research, thought others might be interested...

U of T $17287.50

U of O $14565.89

Queen’s $14370.18 (not sure if this includes ancillary fees)

McMaster $15050.54 (Includes $18 "Respiratory Mask Fitting Fee" ?!?!)

UWO $15415.04 (not sure if this includes ancillary fees)

Guest satsumargirl

Hey, good for comparison.

U of O must add on approx $3500 for the laptop that gets added to your tuition bill first year.

At the info session U of O said that the fees might be going up this year (to what they weren't sure) >: ....but mostly I'm feeling :x about the debt I will be in. Apprently this was the last year of their fees being "frozen". I don't know if other schools will raise theirs.

Guest Jochi1543

Do they MAKE you buy their laptops? This is ridiculous. I`ll never pay 3500 for a laptop.:x If they don`t demand you buy theirs, go on Ebay, you`ll get a top of the line barely used laptop for $1000-1500.

Guest satsumargirl

They add the cost of the laptop to your tuition bill.

If you qualify for OSAP then apparently last year, students got $3500 to cover it from the Univ. (I believe that's what they said) So it covered the laptop plus a little extra ('cause it's a bit less than $3500 I think...but definitely not $1500!). Pros to their laptops is that it is covered under warranty for the 4 years you are there.

You may ask if you can use your own laptop if you already have one. But from what I've heard, it's a little tricky to get them to accept it as equivalent.

So, I am not 100% sure of the exact cost of the computer, but it is added on to your tuition bill.

Cheers

Guest medeng

Just wondering, since it is added to your tuition bill, does anybody know if it will show up on your T2202A? That would be nice!

It has always bugged me that you can't claim what would be "business expenses" on your taxes as a student, maybe UofO has found a way around this for at least one expense! But somehow I have a feeling this probably isn't the case...

Guest satsumargirl

Hmmm...that is an interesting question. That would be so great if that happened!

I am going to keep my fingers crossed about that one.

Archived