Premed 101 Forums

Help With School List!

Ne0

Primary app was verified Aug 29.
Selected the following 18 schools just today (MCAT scores came out yesterday)

STATS:

sGPA: 3.90, cGPA: 3.93
MCAT: balanced 33 (12/10/11)
ECs: average, no research

LIST: 

• Albert Einstein COM
  • Chicago @ Rosalind Franklin
  • Geisel SOM (Dartmouth)
  • Georgetown
  • Hawaii - John A. Burns
  • Howard [ I'm a non - URM, should I still apply here??]
  • Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel COM)
  • Loma Linda
  • Louisville
  • Mayo
  • Michigan State COHM
  • New York Medical College
  • North Carolina - Chapel Hill 
  • Oakland
  • Penn State
  • SUNY - upstate
  • Tulane
  • U of Kentucky
  • U of Wash [ No longer accepts foreign applicants! ] 
  • Virginia Commonwealth
  • Wayne State

Are there any low to mid tier Canadian friendly schools I forgot? Which reaches could I potentially throw in?

Also applying to DO schools.

Thank you so, so much for all your help you wonderful people!!! 

Are you applying this year? Be warned that if you are applying to MD schools this late in the game as an international- you might not receive the response you would be hoping for - had you applied earlier. 

Add Meharry and RFU.

Would suggest applying first thing next cycle, since if you haven't submitted your primary yet, you will be way too late to have good chances - that your impressive stats warrant.  

PM me if you want more info about US schools.

Are you applying this year? Be warned that if you are applying to MD schools this late in the game as an international- you might not receive the response you would be hoping for - had you applied earlier. 

Add Meharry and RFU.

Would suggest applying first thing next cycle, since if you haven't submitted your primary yet, you will be way too late to have good chances - that your impressive stats warrant.  

PM me if you want more info about US schools.

Thank you for the quick and informative reply!

Applying this year, Primary was verified a month back, sent all these schools my verified primary just today! 

Just my 2 cents:

1. LizzyM Score GPA x 10 + MCAT = 72.9 Put you in the middle tier schools

2. Even Primary verified in Aug. submit today is late for most schools

3. U. Washington at St. Louise is the TOP tier MD school which MCAT average 38 (higher than Harvard and Yale) 

4. Dartmouth is NOT rolling, maybe you still have good chance there (MCAT average 35, GPA 3.8), put 120% your best on 2nd application.

5. Oakland is new and VERY CANADIAN FRIENDLY, try use your reference to write something you like that school's program or you like Michigan and personal connection to that school or state to increase your chance, because there's hundreds Canadian applicants already submit 2nd application before you, if all the same, why they give you II? 

6. Check each schools' website, are they all really Canadian friendly? 

7. No Howard, unless you're URM.

Just my 2 cents:

1. LizzyM Score GPA x 10 + MCAT = 72.9 Put you in the middle tier schools

2. Even Primary verified in Aug. submit today is late for most schools

3. U. Washington at St. Louise is the TOP tier MD school which MCAT average 38 (higher than Harvard and Yale) 

4. Dartmouth is NOT rolling, maybe you still have good chance there (MCAT average 35, GPA 3.8), put 120% your best on 2nd application.

5. Oakland is new and VERY CANADIAN FRIENDLY, try use your reference to write something you like that school's program or you like Michigan and personal connection to that school or state to increase your chance, because there's hundreds Canadian applicants already submit 2nd application before you, if all the same, why they give you II? 

6. Check each schools' website, are they all really Canadian friendly? 

7. No Howard, unless you're URM.

Thank you for your input! Will drink some extra coffee when I work on Dartmouth and Oakland secondary! 

U of Wash and Wash U are 2 different schools btw lol

Applying this year, Primary was verified a month back, sent all these schools my verified primary just today! 

Honestly, you shot yourself in the foot by only starting on Secondaries now, it is VERY late.

You might get some love somewhere, but if you had applied first thing in the cycle - you would have been SUBSTANTIALLY better off.

Honestly, you shot yourself in the foot by only starting on Secondaries now, it is VERY late.

You might get some love somewhere, but if you had applied first thing in the cycle - you would have been SUBSTANTIALLY better off.

There is no shooting in the foot my friend, just life and learning! Maybe I will get there limping a bit this year or I fix up my foot and run again next year! all is well :D

you have a solid chance...wouldnt worry about it

Thank you for the encouragement buddy! Did need it.

There is no shooting in the foot my friend, just life and learning! Maybe I will get there limping a bit this year or I fix up my foot and run again next year! all is well :D

Thank you for the encouragement buddy! Did need it.

That's a good attitude! As long as you are aware that if you don't get love this cycle, it was most likely because you applied late - and not because you aren't a solid applicant. You are in a pretty position for an acceptance, it will just be all about luck this cycle though since the late application.

• 2 weeks later...

i think ur school list is weak and alote of those are reachs, but you have goot stats..hopefully u dont have to apply and a NYMC or something in MI picks u up

but hawaii georgetown pennstate, n carolina, louisville are  a reach

Thank you so much for replying and the helpful info!

Are there any schools you would recommend adding to the list? 

Archived