Premed 101 Forums

Chance Me!

hotdamn

Hey I just got my mcat scores back and I don't know whether or not I should rewrite. BTW IM CANADIAN. Do I have a good chance of admission if I apply to these schools? Or should I rewrite? I plan to apply the next cycle. 

MCAT 
PS12 BS11 VR7 $&*$*$#*!!!!! Verbal… 

cGPA ~3.88
sGPA ~3.83

ECs: I'd say pretty strong, got research experience, long term employment, hospital volunteering, clinical volunteering, some random hobbies.. ect.. 

Schools I'm going to apply to 

Baylor
Boston Univ.
Case Western
Columbia
Dartmouth
Duke University 
Einstein 
Emory
Georgetown
Hopkins*
Jefferson *
Maryland
Meharry*
MCW (Medical College of Wisconsin)*
Michigan State University-CHM*
University of Kentucky College of MedicineU of Minnesota 
Northwestern
NYMC
U of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Penn State 
Rosalind Franklin University
Saint Louis University*
Stanford
Stony Brook
University of Connecticut
University of Pennsylvania
Vanderbilt *
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth University
Wake Forest *
Wayne State *
Weill Medical School (Cornell)
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

- See more at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chance-me-for-these-schools-just-got-back-mcat.1103618/#sthash.MxSF4Vor.dpuf

ya that 7 is a shot in the foot

u got a good size list...some are reachs...id add more just incase (you dont ever wanna apply again lol)

sign up for the mcat ...wide date out...and at least pick verbal to a 9....7 is red flag, but your other stats look good...

i think you should be ok even with a red flag

1. You need to check EACH MD schools' admission website, Vermont NO MORE accept Canadian about 3 or 4 years ago. SUNY-STONY BROOK doesn't accept Canadian. SOME OF SCHOOLS ON YOUR LIST DIDN'T HAVE CANADIAN/INTERNATIONAL FOR YEARS.

2. Some schools on your list, PREFER IN-STATE OR AMERICAN RESIDENTS, they accept Canadian only because you're BETTER, NOT AVERAGE.

3. AAU schools normally have average MCAT 34 to 38, about half schools on your list are not in your scope.
Here's link to AAU universities http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

4. Your LizzyM score is cGPA*10+MCAT=68.8 which put you on the DO or lower tier MD schools.

Just my 2 cents, without balanced MCAT 32, on your list, you may get one or two interview invites if you applied and completed applications early in June/July next year and only if you're LUCKY.

ya that 7 is a shot in the foot

u got a good size list...some are reachs...id add more just incase (you dont ever wanna apply again lol)

sign up for the mcat ...wide date out...and at least pick verbal to a 9....7 is red flag, but your other stats look good...

i think you should be ok even with a red flag

This. The 7 will hold you back from many places, retake the MCAT for sure and aim for 8-9+ on VR. and keep the sciences up

Archived