Premed 101 Forums

Mcat 2015 Study Material Help Needed!

ppreetgill

Hey premeds,

I've decided to take the test in the next spring so i'll be taking the new MCAT, call me stupid or ignorant, but I completly forgot about what books I would be using for the 2015 MCAT.

Since there are not many reviews by the buyers of the Books available, I want to ask you guys your views. Since i'm a Princeton review fanguy(I used it for my SATs and I got a 2150 in just 3 months of preperation), i'd like to go with princeton review but i've heard there hasn't been much editing to the common syllabi of the old and new MCATs. Also i've heard that new kaplan has quite a few errors. Any help would be really appreciated fellows!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

ANY HOME STUDY SCHEDULE FOR THE NEW MCAT 2015?

Hey there!

Yes I've got a study plan for the MCAT, i'm planning to start studying in feb with the Psych and Sociology section first since they are not that hard to memorize(aswel as to forget) unlike the science section. I think studying the sociology part would be good enough to increase your reading abilities for the critical analysis(verbal reasoning of the old MCAT) so we don't need to waste our time so much on that, instead i'll spend the time on covering my weaker science parts, physical sciences specificly.

And regarding the study schedule, I usually study about 3-4 hours a day but I make sure I put in these hours only when I wake up and not before I sleep cause I get grumpy at night haha, but it usually varies from person to person. I'm going to study from monday through friday and take the weekends off. I used this schedule on my SATs and after preparing for wbout 6 weeks seriously and 3 months in total and I scored a 2150, although english isn't my first language.

Now looking at the material, My uncle has a book store so he let me go through both the kaplan and Tpr books before letting me decide which one i should get. Personally I liked the TPR better because of the extra detailed social sciences books and we get a bit more practice for the critical analysis(in terms of practice content) in the Tpr than kaplan. My opinion might be a bit biased because i used tpr for my SATs and totally loved it although i personally feel that Kaplan has rushed through the material cause the books are pretty much the same as the old MCAT.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Archived