Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Dentistry Application

Just to clarify, are following the only things we need to submit to apply to UofT dentistry?

1. Application form

2. Transcripts of all post-secondary schools

3. Proof of citizenship

4. Academic Record 

5. DAT score report

Am I missing anything? I nearly missed the Academic record where we need to list all the courses we took so I'm getting paranoid after filling a bunch of these applications. Also, does anyone know if we can send the academic record and proof of citizenship (ex. passport) by email? Thank-you.

They sent me a list of what I was missing.  

Although it is annoying that they don't have an online forum that updates you on your application status, I'm sure you can also call if you are really worried.

I wish they were all like Western or USask.  They tell you exactly what they have and what they need..  I'm sure some other schools are like that too but both Dal and U of T seem to leave you completely in the dark!

They sent me a list of what I was missing.  

Although it is annoying that they don't have an online forum that updates you on your application status, I'm sure you can also call if you are really worried.

I wish they were all like Western or USask.  They tell you exactly what they have and what they need..  I'm sure some other schools are like that too but both Dal and U of T seem to leave you completely in the dark!

Leaving you in the dark is a bit of a pattern with U of T, even after you get in. So get used to it! *Thumbs up* :)

I thought the academic record form was only for transcripts in other languages, as they would need a detailed course outline for it.

The description is right after the paragraph with the asterisk that gives instructions for non-english official docs

Can anyone confirm this?

What academic record?

I remember filling one out last year when they had paper applications but I didn't notice they needed one this year. Where is this form located?

I actually submitted everything without the academic record and received an email saying my application and all required supporting documents were received aka my full application was complete and submitted. There was no mention of the academic record.

Can someone point me in the direction of where they state the academic record is required and where I can fill it out? Can't seem to find it.

Edit: Ah, just found it (but not the blank version). I honestly think they fucked up the admissions website this year since it's the first year they're doing it online. I believe the academic record requirement has been scrapped and the instructions were just left up from last year. Can someone clarify this??

I have also applied last year, and I remember that we had to fill out the names and course codes of all of the courses we have taken along with the grades achieved (i.e. the academic record). However, it seems like that is not required for this year, as the online application form only asks you to list the courses taken (along with the date and length) that fulfill certain prerequisites. I have asked them via e-mail about this, but has yet to hear back. 

Also, do we have to resend DAT scores if we applied last year with November 2013 scores? I know Western keeps DAT scores on file as long as their eligibility remains, but I'm not sure about U of T. 

I also have a bunch of official university transcripts that I ordered and kept for myself in case of job applications or grad school. Does anyone know if I can just submit these? Or would I have to contact my school for them to send it directly? (sigh, I don't want to go all the way to Mac just for this in -30 weather)

I also have a bunch of official university transcripts that I ordered and kept for myself in case of job applications or grad school. Does anyone know if I can just submit these? Or would I have to contact my school for them to send it directly? (sigh, I don't want to go all the way to Mac just for this in -30 weather)

Generally speaking, transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the institution. Once they touch the hands of the student they are unofficial and become unacceptable to submit to schools for application purposes.

Also pretty sure every school allows past/present students to order transcripts online through their website. You just gotta fill in the information of the receiving institution. It definitely isn't necessary for you to drive to Mac just to make a transcript order/request.

Generally speaking, transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the institution. Once they touch the hands of the student they are unofficial and become unacceptable to submit to schools for application purposes.

Also pretty sure every school allows past/present students to order transcripts online through their website. You just gotta fill in the information of the receiving institution. It definitely isn't necessary for you to drive to Mac just to make a transcript order/request.

You obviously don't go to McMaster. The only way to send transcripts is to either send them by mail (snail mail mind you) or go directly in person. Yeah, that's how ghetto the system is.

You obviously don't go to McMaster. The only way to send transcripts is to either send them by mail (snail mail mind you) or go directly in person. Yeah, that's how ghetto the system is.

institutions do send them by snail mail! But you can make the request for it online, no? That is beyond absurd if you actually have to go in person. WTF Mac?

To echo the post above - get used to U of T being notoriously bad at "customer service" - they will give you as little help and info as possible - many friends have reiterated the same problem regarding multiple interactions with them in the past.

UofT REALLY isn't being portrayed in a good light at all this cycle... lol. Yikes.

institutions do send them by snail mail! But you can make the request for it online, no? That is beyond absurd if you actually have to go in person. WTF Mac?

UofT REALLY isn't being portrayed in a good light at all this cycle... lol. Yikes.

To make things worse they won't even pick up the phone. I'm trying to call them for more than a week but to no luck. Their phone number is 416-979-4900, I'll post any updates about the Academic Record if I find out. I would appreciate if you guys do the same if you guys get a hold of the guy.

Archived