Premed 101 Forums

Queens, Uoft, Or Western?

Hi, I'm hoping to apply for MOT for the upcoming 2015 year. Unfortunately my GPA is not great (3.3), but I have had plenty of experience volunteering/working in multiple Occupational Therpay settings. Which out of the 3 (Queens, UofT, or Western) do I have a better chance of getting into? I know my chances are low, but I think it's still worth a shot! I plan on only applying for one of the 3 schools and Alberta. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is 3.3 your sub-GPA (last two years) or cumulative-GPA? Because with a cGPA like that in Ontario your best shot would be Queen's, especially if you work in your volunteer experience well into your personal statement. It's not a definite in though, Queen's can be selective and will depend a lot on your letter and references. But it's a better chance with that GPA at Queen's than anywhere else in Ontario.

According to the ORPAS booklet for the new cycle, the cutoffs for your chosen schools last year were:

• Queen's 3.0 cGPA - 70 spots/740 applicants
  • U of T 3.5-3.7 sGPA - 89 spots/812 applicants
  • Western 3.6 sGPA - 55 spots/816 applicants

Hope that helps! Best of luck.

Is 3.3 your sub-GPA (last two years) or cumulative-GPA? Because with a cGPA like that in Ontario your best shot would be Queen's, especially if you work in your volunteer experience well into your personal statement. It's not a definite in though, Queen's can be selective and will depend a lot on your letter and references. But it's a better chance with that GPA at Queen's than anywhere else in Ontario.

According to the ORPAS booklet for the new cycle, the cutoffs for your chosen schools last year were:

• Queen's 3.0 cGPA - 70 spots/740 applicants
  • U of T 3.5-3.7 sGPA - 89 spots/812 applicants
  • Western 3.6 sGPA - 55 spots/816 applicants

Hope that helps! Best of luck.

Thanks so much for the help!

Archived