Premed 101 Forums

Likely Interview Invite Dates

Fleming

Hey guys,

I'm not applying to American schools but a friend asked me to post the following question:

"Do you think there will be another wave of interview invites to top tier American schools after New Year's? I've received some II's already (Hopkins, Duke, etc.) but there are still a lot of schools I haven't heard back from. I'm holding out hope that there will be another rush of invites for Canadian applicants in January. Or, have most schools already completed most of their interview invites?"

Thanks!

Unlike Canadian schools which operate on mostly set dates, American schools literally tell you whenever, and it varies among all of their 140 schools. If you go to the student doctor forums you'll realize that many schools still have about half of their interview slots to fill, yet others (NYU comes to mind) are pretty much done with interviews. 

Hey guys,

I'm not applying to American schools but a friend asked me to post the following question:

"Do you think there will be another wave of interview invites to top tier American schools after New Year's? I've received some II's already (Hopkins, Duke, etc.) but there are still a lot of schools I haven't heard back from. I'm holding out hope that there will be another rush of invites for Canadian applicants in January. Or, have most schools already completed most of their interview invites?"

Thanks!

When did your friend get an invite from Duke? 

Archived