Premed 101 Forums

Still Haven't Recieved Word From Toronto Regarding Interview. Is This Normal?

They do rolling admissions, and there's still another weekend of interviews that hasn't been scheduled. AT LEAST 1/3 of the invites has not gone out yet.

assuming the march 7 and 8 weekend has all gone out, wouldn't that mean there's less than 1/3 invites left? 4 out of the 5 weekends have already been filled up, so there's only the one in April left =(

I agree that there is only one weekend left. Now they might review the rest ones (waitlist?) to see who can be added for that weekend. And the GPA of those who got invited is so high. :(

assuming the march 7 and 8 weekend has all gone out, wouldn't that mean there's less than 1/3 invites left? 4 out of the 5 weekends have already been filled up, so there's only the one in April left =(

The next group of rejections will be sent starting next Monday.  Remember many have deferred their interviews to the 18th of April due to conflicts with other med interviews.  This is the reason that some have received interviews late with less than the ideal two weeks notice.   On a side note, UofT is not a rolling admission school.  

The next group of rejections will be sent starting next Monday.  Remember many have deferred their interviews to the 18th of April due to conflicts with other med interviews.  This is the reason that some have received interviews late with less than the ideal two weeks notice.   On a side note, UofT is not a rolling admission school.  

Where are you getting this information from? The blog states, on multiple occasions, that the rest of the applicants won't hear until late March or possibly even later.

Well that makes me sad :( Does anyone know if they will add more interview dates?

The only people that could know that would be sworn to secrecy

Although last time we realized that a day would be added because they started recruiting more 1st year volunteers for the additional interview day :P

• 2 weeks later...

At U of T, if they want to interview a candidate, they will invite you. Period. Don't worry about what if they have no more room or dates and you miss out. It doesn't work like that. I say that as one less thing for you to worry about while you wait to hear back - and I realize that's easier said than done.

Good luck!

Archived