Premed 101 Forums

Gemini?

Guest mtws

How many of us are GEMINI's?

Someone mentioned their birthday in a post below and it reminded me of a chapter in that Kerri Mullis book "Dancing Naked in the Minefield". Just to be sure you know, Mullis won the Nobel prize for Chemistry around '93 or so for inventing PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) and went on to a life of obscurity from the lecture circuit (and surfing) by pissing a few tooo many people off in the scientific community with his wacky ideas and personality.

Anyway, one of the chapters in his 'memoirs/autobiography' is about the recent intellectual disregard for ASTROLOGY as a legitimate science. I don't have the book with me right now but I distinctly remember him mentioning that most aspiring medical students are Gemini's!! It struck me at the time, being a Gemini myself (June 15th), and I am just wondering how many of you out there are Gemini's too?

If it is disproportionate there may just be some truth to the idea that your personality/nature may have been effected by the alignment of the planets and stars at the moment of your birth? (Or any other environmental issues related to being born in the summer time in the Northern hemisphere in the late 20th century!!) "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio... "

Seriously though, in the name of science, ARE THERE ANY MORE GEMINI's OUT THERE?????

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. I went out to dinner with the wife tonight (Red Lobster), She's now gone to work and the baby's at the Grandparents. After reading the Romanow report and far too much of this board, I'm getting bored. To bed to read now. Peace out yo.

Guest mumfirst

Gemini here .... dob May 30th (date that the acceptances/rejections get sent this year!!!) LOL - What a great birthday present a big, thick envelope would make!

Guest UWOMED2005

I wonder if Kary Mullis came up with that theory when he was on the same hallucinogens he was on when he came up with the idea for PCR? :)

But seriously, what's his basis for saying Gemini's go into meds? What personality characteristics is he talking about?

By the way, I mean absolutely no offence to Gemini's in questioning Mullis's theories. . .

Guest moose

Hey, I'm a Gemini too. May 30, and I'm a mom first, too! (two daughters, and one more child on the way). Maybe it's our twin astronomical personalities that enable us to be both mom and pre-med (soon to be med)students!

Guest mumfirst

Hey moose! Where have you applied/interviewed? Do you realize that this year the Ontario med schools will be sending out their acceptances (rejections too but I am thinking positively) on our birthday? Happy Birthday! I hope:D

OMG, I just reread your note and I see that you have another baby on the way!! How exciting. When is baby #3 due?

Guest moose

I actually didn't apply for this year, because of baby #3 and my desire to stay home for a couple of years following his/her birth. So, the long-term plan is to apply in 2-3 years. I'm taking steps toward med school now, though, one of them being following these discussions to keep my morale up as I wait until I can do MY thing!

Babe's due in the first week of September, so I'll have a huge, hot summer!

Guest mumfirst

Moose,

LOL - I kind of wondered when you said baby #3 was on the way but of course I didn't want to say anything (like "are you nuts?"). I certainly understand you wanting to spend the first few years with the little one(s). My daughter just turned 4 and I have loved being home with her for these first few important years. She starts school this fall and hopefully as she dives into kindergarten I will be diving into med school. (fingers crossed)

Good luck on your journey to med school...and hope you are able to stay cool and comfortable this summer! (and have a great day on the 30th of May!)

Guest moose

thanks, mumfirst, for your encouragement. It's good to hear of other moms who have stayed home for a few years and then are going for it!

All the best in your interview(s) and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a big fat birthday present in the mail!

Guest shelleyrn

I am on the cusp of Virgo and Libra......Sept23

hmm...does it count that most of the people I ever dated were Gemini...vicarious astrology?

Archived