Premed 101 Forums

MMTP

Guest mtws

Guest heather029

Hi mtws,

I applied to the MMTP as well, it's nice to know there is someone else on this board in the same boat! I applied to Ottawa this year but I haven't received anything re: an interview yet. I also haven't heard anything about my MMTP application, since the board sat a couple of weeks ago I thought I would have by now. Being in the military you'd think I'd be used to the "waiting game" but hopefully I'll find out one way or the other soon. Best of luck with your application!

Heather

hey,

I also applied MMTP and I don't think it's that important now because I am recieving rejection letters from everywhere else. I haven't heard from 3 schools yet which probably means I've been rejected and they haven't gotten around to the letter yet.

I haven't heard from the MMTP board either. It's a great system if you get in so good luck. MMTP was my 'plan' but you know how the saying goes...so it looks like I'll have to quit all together and go back to school full time. It's my damn undergrad gpa from rmc. The Career manager said LWOP is out of the question for my trade, so release is my only option.

Up until now, i was happy with rmc, now I'm pissed because no one cares where you go to school or what you took, it's gpa, gpa, gpa... I wrote the MCAT last april with 11,11,O,11 and thought that would be good - but again - damn gpa.

I know heather only applied to ottawa - I applied all over, what about you MTWS? Heather - I'll see you this summer because I'm posted.

ryan

Guest heather029

Hi again,

Matt, it sounds like you are a shoe in for the program. If you were waitlisted last year, you should have no problem this year with the special military initiative working in your favour at U of O. I think it's great that they are expanding the MMTP to reservists and NCMs. It really is an excellent program, the CF just can't seem to find enough reg force officers that can get themselves into meds. BTW I don't think we know each other, but who knows the CF is pretty small so we may have crossed paths before. I'm posted to Gagetown right now, but I'm currently on LWOP attending UNB. I didn't get a phone call from U of O last week. Actually, I'm starting to think I should give up hope for getting in this year :( and start concentrating on improving my application for next year.

Sorry to hear about your posting Ryan, I'm assuming that's not what you want? Give me a call if I can help you out at all from this end (with a place to stay or whatever). I hear you about the gpa's Ryan, it seems like when they converted the grades from percents to letters then use the OMSAS scale my already poor gpa gets much worse. My 75% average from my fourth year translated into a 2.9 which seems lower than it should be. Anyway, in the mean time maybe we shouldn't give up hope, it's not over yet and your solid MCAT score should count for something.

Heather

Never been to Gagetown. Thought you might have been someone I met a few weeks ago at NDMC. Guess not.

Good Luck to you. And don't give up hope just yet. If you haven't heard either way, then there is always a chance.

Cheers,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heather029

Just when I was starting to give up hope, I got the message for acceptance to the MMTP last Thursday! The same day I received an e-mail from U of O to go for an interview. :D Apparently they have a different board that selects MMTP candidates, which didn't sit until the military confirmed which candidates were selected for the program. Hence the delay for all of us in receiving any word from the school. Hopefully you guys got the good news as well!

Heather

Congratulations Heather!!

That must feel amazing!!!!:rollin :D :D :D :D :D

I haven't heard either way yet so I'm still hoping, beyond hope, that I'll be there with you in September.

Cheers,

Matt

Guest ryguy

Heather,

That is fantastic - you are the golden one. I didn't respond yesterday because I had to get over my jealousy.

I emailed that Van de Laar character and he mentioned that they had gone out - but he wouldn't be more specific, which now leads me to believe he knew I wasn't in. I haven't heard yet, so I've pretty much written this year off.

You are one - I'm proud of you in a corny way - long way from inspections with Bergmsa and the like... - kick ass in the interview, and sit on the admissions board next year when my application goes across your desk.

Ryan

ps - was it the 6th you found out on?

Hey,

Got my interview invite from UofO after Graduate Review (still haven't heard back from UofT?)

Heather, good luck at your interview. Hope to meet you in September.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived