Premed 101 Forums

Sale on Shopper's Home Healthcare products

Guest krismd

Guest krismd

Hey!!! I know finances are tight for all of us med students so I wanted to pass this along!

Shoppers Home Care is having a huge sale between the 10th and the 17th of June. For every $50 you spend, you get a $20 gift certificate for Shoppers Drug Mart! So yesterday I went and picked up my stethoscope (Littmann 3....apparently its the one to have). It was supossed to come to $224 with tax, but she gave me a 10% discount cause I'm a med student (you have to ask). So for $194 I got my stethoscope plus $60 in Shoppers gift certificates! Combined that works out to only actually paying $134 which is a LOT cheaper than anywhere else I've seen...just wanted to pass that along!!! :)

Guest aneliz

Sounds good when you factor in the gift certificates... however, at UWO, the medical school organizes an equipment sale (which is done by Shoppers) and the prices are significantly less than $224 for a stethoscope... more like $160.

Guest satsumargirl

Ottawa also has an equipment sale in the fall. In fact, I think most med schools do.

The deals are pretty good and we got an ID tag and heart sounds CD to go with it. And I think the price, like Aneliz mentionned, was around $160ish.

Waiting for the schools equipment sale could be a good idea. (unless you would buy stuff at shoppers anyway)

Guest peachy

I'm sure that every school has an equipment sale, but $134 instead of $160-ish is still a pretty significant savings if you shop at Shopper's anyways, imho! Especially if you plan to buy the diagnostic kit (etc) as well, it could well be total savings of another $100 or so.

Archived