Premed 101 Forums

Mayday, Mayday

Guest ploughboy

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

If memory serves, today is a *very special* day for one of the most prolific posters on this board.

Happy Birthday Peter!

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQE+sK0f/HNgbK3bC2wRAqJ2AJ9/krUzHM5M1SuKGZNDKrpEXW7UfwCgjdcn

FwIRmf351PMocNd7HOUeFA4=

=826w

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest MayFlower1

ploughboy,

Thank-you very much for the happy birthday wish. Yes, it is true...I turned 40 today :eek ...and, for those of you who remember Agent 86, "and, loving it!"

I love celebrating birthdays...why...because being able to celebrate a birthday means I'm still alive and enjoying this fantastic planet. ;)

Unfortunately, this looks like the first May 1st with poor weather since I can remember... perhaps the change in weather for May 1st this year does represent a significant event!

See you tuesday ploughboy...

Peter

Guest therealcrackers

Happy birthday Peter!

We await your successful acceptance to U of O, and hope to toast your health, birthday, and acceptance when you're in London in August. TimmyMax, Aneliz and I will be about; JSS02, drspd, UWOMED2005 and a few others might be around.

Have a wonderful day! (weather notwithstanding)

Guest MayFlower1

therealcrackers,

Thanks so much for the birthday wish. I'll let you know, at least several weeks in advance, when I'll be in London. I'm definitely looking forward to getting together with you guys. I hope I can bring good news with me!

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MayFlower1

Who are you U of T student? Do I know you? Anyway, regardless of whether I know you or not...thanks for the happy birthday wish...it is true...as of May 1, 2003, I am officially 40 years old!

Peter

Guest UofT Student

Hehe, no, you don't know me. I'm just a second year student at UofT at the moment. But I appreciate all the hard work you and many others on this board have done to decipher the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is medicine! :D

Guest kellyl20

As usual, you have been very helpful and so patient to take the time to answer me and so many others. Am still doing Montreal and the places you and Medicator had recommented are excellent. Thanks again and the very best of wishes for the good news.

K.

Guest MayFlower1

Hey kelly,

I'm glad to hear you are having a good time. I miss Montreal so much...I am envious of you...

Peter

Guest UWOMED2005

What's wrong with Ottawa? You might even get a chance (knock on wood) to see the Eastern Conference NHL Finals later this week!

I'm the one who's envious, Peter. :)

Guest MayFlower1

Hey,

UWOMED2005...don't get me wrong...I love Ottawa...a great city to live in. That being said, I feel very comfortable in a francophone environment. Also, Montreal is a very classy city...whereas, Ottawa could still use a bit of "refinement".

Peter

Guest medicator007

Hey Kelly,

Glad that you are having a good time Montreal. You have really lucked out on the weather. Gorgeous 25 degrees lately, sunny and unlike our summers next to no humidity. :)

Peter,

whereas, Ottawa could still use a bit of "refinement".

haha.. "refinement".... very nicely said!

Say... out of curiosity? Should the sens manage to make it into the stanley cup finals, what do you suppose are the odds that a visiting Saint John First Aider from Montreal could somehow find him/herself covering the event? :rollin just curious :lol

Guest MayFlower1

Medicator,

I would say, if we are covering the event, I could probably pull a favour. Our weekly meeting is tonight...I'm going to speak with our "people".

Of course, along with covering the event, you would have to subject yourself to my form of "medication"...you would be obliged to stay in our nanny suite...and have several cosmopolitans...4 per hour :eek Of course, this would have to be after covering said event...

EDIT: Not to be a killjoy or anything...but the sens don't have a great record of consistency...my personal belief...and I certainly could be wrong...but...my prediction is that they will come as close as they possibly could...and then they'll muff it... :x

Peter

P.S. I have a feeling we don't cover senators games though...so we might just have to forget the SJA route...watch it on tv and continue medication until advised otherwise by our physician...ha ha

Guest UofCMeds2005

SJA does not cover sens games - they do cover the 67s though. I know this b/c I was a member of the ottawa group.

Peter I share you opinion of the sens, as it they always come so close and then ...

But this time I am hoping that it will be diff. And when they do make it to the finals I am spending some of my student loan on plane and game tickets...

Guest ploughboy

Hey UofCMeds2005,

What division were you with in Ottawa? Should I know you?

pb

iD8DBQE+yn6+/HNgbK3bC2wRAkwzAJ9yGei/jS6+30Zbw4DhH6haiHi3xwCdFIq5

r+Ooune8WuoiBJ1W1FYhgTU=

=mmdX

Guest ploughboy

Hi KB (right?)

Small world! I'm still 1042's storekeeper...

So how do you like it out there?

The thirty-second update from 1042:

* AM & LM are still running the division, and are doing a great job - we've got almost 40 people on the books now. LM recently received the Queen's Golden Jubilee medal, and we're all very proud of her.

* We don't see as much of RT as we used to, but she's loving meds at Ottawa.

* I believe MP still wants to be a doc, but I hardly ever see him - he's working a lot.

* I was rejected by Mac this year - I'm going to pick up a bunch of prereqs, write the MCAT etc so that I can apply to other schools. You'll be finished before I ever get in (sniffle!)

* LC just had a baby (!)

And then there's that Peter Hill character...

pb

iD8DBQE+ypKS/HNgbK3bC2wRAtrCAJ4xxiOYIyYWnymnliVoBJ/b68qm8QCggU3r

xkVtu6kZeYqPW/oaxVY3XiM=

=evKc

Guest medicator007

Mying,

Well it appears the worlds of med and SJA converge far more than we had previously thought ;) But there are some of us from outside of federal district...

Peter,

I appreciate you looking into the possibility. Even though you guys don't cover the Sens, would be neat to perhaps have some kind of contact between Montreal and Ottawa divisions such that if we are ever in each others cities and would like to see how events there are run. We cover all events at the Bell Center(previously Molson Center, previously the venerable forum) including the habs... I will look into the possibility of some form of "exchange" on our end as well.

Good to hear SJA is alive and well elsewhere.

Medicator

Pro Fide. Pro Utilitate Hominum :D

Archived