Premed 101 Forums

Applying To Us Md Schools

I want to know what my GPA would be like after the amcas conversion ( cant seem to find it anywhere)

I go to wilfrid laurier university in waterloo, we use a number grading scheme, 12= A+, 11= A, 10=A-, 9=B+, 8=B, 7=B- etc etc. Im semi retarted when trying to read these scales and dont know what my GPA would be i.e. for this semester my grades were A+,A+,A+,A-,A- 

in ontario this gpa would be 3.88 what would it be in the USA??

Go to the AMCAS website and find the scale that matches your school, and then convert it in excel to make it easier.

You don't need us to do that grunt work. 

It is safe to say, your US GPA won't be far off from the OMSAS gpa. 

I wouldnt have asked if i dont know how to properly use it! i dont see any of the scales that even go up to a 12

I wouldnt have asked if i dont know how to properly use it! i dont see any of the scales that even go up to a 12

Ignore the numerical scale, and just use the alphabetical scale.  

The conversion scale they would use would be the one under "Canadian scale" or any of the other ones where its the basic alphabetic to gpa scale here:

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf 

A/A+ = 4.0

A- = 3.7

B+ =3.3 

so on and so forth

Good luck!

It would probably actually be a bit higher, iirc OMSAS dings you a little bit A = 3.9 and not 4.0 right?

Archived