Premed 101 Forums

So Now We Wait...

Now that all of the interviews are done, how is everyone feeling? Any plans to distract yourself for the next month haha, other than exams for those of us still in school! Its so scary to think our interview scores are already determined, and they're just sitting around waiting to be ranked!! 

Now that all of the interviews are done, how is everyone feeling? Any plans to distract yourself for the next month haha, other than exams for those of us still in school! Its so scary to think our interview scores are already determined, and they're just sitting around waiting to be ranked!! 

Easy for you to say.. Some of us have been waiting since the end of February! :P

Easy for you to say.. Some of us have been waiting since the end of February! :P

Touche! It was nice to have the april 1st interview, more time to prepare, but why in the world does it have to take over a month to figure it out?! lol sooo lonnnggggggg 

The wait gets so much more difficult the closer it gets to May 12th

Exactly one month today we will know! So nerve wracking. Its like a roller coaster of emotions, at one moment you're sure you're in then the next you're positive you'll get bad waitlisted somehow, I honestly don't know lol. My other friends who interviewed places don't talk about may 12th, whenever I bring it up they pretend I never said anything! Lol

Technically, 29 days 19 hours and 52 minutes? haha

Plus the wait (and living on pm101) is making it way harder to focus on final exams right now.. such bad timing. Is that just me?

Im with you haha on all my study breaks I check pm101, one of which is right now lol but i'll be done exams in a little over a week so I can only imagine the wait will get worse once we are done exams since we won't have anything to occupy our time!

Yeah, so I've booked a two-week vacation followed by a full-time research project this summer. Here's hoping all that fun (hah) will keep me distracted... 

Again i'm with you on that too! lol a week after my exams i'm working full time in a lab so that will keep me distracted... although a two week vacation definitely is not in my future you lucky person! Where are you going?

Oh not far, just Montreal and Quebec City - saving my bigger travel plans for later (hopefully later this summer, or y'know, one of these years) haha. 

Kind of unnerving to think they may already have ranked us and decisions are made, waiting to be released... 

Nice nice, quebec is always a good time! And ya it was so scary leaving the interview room and knowing that as soon as I left my interview score would be determined!! The results are just sitting there and we need to wait another 28 days until we know.. so scary  :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Does Ottawa send rejection emails or just bad waitlist emails - which are pretty much rejection emails?

They sent acceptances, good waitlists (we will contact you should a vacancy open prior to September), and bad waitlists (however, I must inform you, you are unlikely to receive an offer). No outright rejections, but the bad waitlist is pretty much a nice rejection.

They sent acceptances, good waitlists (we will contact you should a vacancy open prior to September), and bad waitlists (however, I must inform you, you are unlikely to receive an offer). No outright rejections, but the bad waitlist is pretty much a nice rejection.

Thank you! I'm happy to know that at least I won't be getting flat out rejected :) <3 ottawa <3

Archived