Premed 101 Forums

Is it safe to take a vacation...

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

hey all. I am desperately trying to plan a vacation this January (2004). I'm a little afraid to leave the country at a time I know I could be receiving some important mail..... I'm hoping to go for 2 weeks.

Do you think January is a safe time to leave?? Is there any chance I could miss some important news about my applications, or should I be ok as long as I have someone pick up my mail...,

Thanks!

Guest bad hombre

Hi Lorae,

Depends on where you're from and where you're applying to. For the Ontario schools, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens in January; interview invites come in mid-late feb. I don't know about other schools, but you can always ask someone to check your mail for you. I don't think your presence would be required for any Canadian school (i.e. you receive only interview invites and application confirmations, no interviews)

h

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Lorae,

Also, many medical school applications (US and Canadian) have a section where you can fill out alternate contact info, in the event that you may be predisposed. If you're only planning to go away for a couple of weeks, that may be a good failsafe to exercise.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived