Premed 101 Forums

Pass or Fail Courses

Guest david0123456789

Guest david0123456789

I'm sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find any posts through the search button to answer this question. I'm entering first year university with a full load of 5 credits, but 1 of which is concert band and is only a pass/fail course. I'm curious how this would be worked into my GPA and if it would even be accepted as a course in the full course load. I've emailed UofT's Med school about this but they have not replied yet. Will med school even count this as a course in a full course load? Or should I dump this course and take somethhing else?

Thanks!

David

Guest LIPOSUCTIONATOR

I'm in a similar boat. The only difference is that it's too late for me to change! I did 4.5 credits one year, in false belief that my P/F course (which shows up as CR, "credit received" on ROSI) would be considered as an academic course (after all it had the same 3 letter coding as my academic courses darn it!). My only hope now is to write a letter of appeal to U of T meds after my application is submitted, praying that I will mercifully receive their weighting system because my GPA is hopeless without it. I suggest you take another full year academic course just to be safe. Yeah that means you have less free time on your hands, but I "overloaded" (5 academic courses along with 2 practicum courses) in my 3rd year. Life ain't easy for people like us eh?

Archived