Premed 101 Forums

Osap For Ontario Students Studying In Other Provinces

Hi everyone,

I have resided in Ontario for the last 13 years of my life. I am attending McGill University in Quebec this fall and was wondering if anyone has an experience with Ontario students qualifying for OSAP application while studying out of the province?

Thanks so much

Your province of residence for the purposes of student financial assistance is usually (not always) the last province in which you lived for 12 consecutive months while not a student. I'll still have PEI student aid for next academic year even though I'll be studying in Ontario.

I have (had, I suppose) several classmates at UPEI who have OSAP. Pretty common. :)

I don't know about med specifically, but I was on OSAP in undergrad while studying at McGill.  Unfortunately it was 7 years ago and I don't remember the procedures anymore, but I don't think it was any different than my friends who were studying in Ontario (except for not qualifying for some IP bursaries).

I know that once at McGill, the financial aid office is very familiar with OSAP and can process anything you need.

Archived