Premed 101 Forums

Lmcc Prep

Hello everyone, 

For those who were successful on the LMCC could you please discuss how you studied? 
I was unsuccessful and will now have to rewrite amidst residency in the fall.

I didn't do any questions and was using TO Notes to study the whole time -I'm thinking of buying the Canada Q bank this time.

Thanks for the help! Its nerve wracking to have to rewrite this thing!

General consensus at my school is that you just have to do tons of questions. As many as you can. If you notice that you consistently get a topic wrong, go and review that information from class notes, internet resources, etc. Canada qbank, uworld, pretest, basically anything with questions. Focus on peds, obgyn, cleo, and psych since their scope isn't as large but they combine for 4/6 of the exam. If you have time, do some surgery. If you still have time after that, then do some internal questions.

Definitely do practice questions. There is a considerable pattern to the type and even material they emphasize. U of T gave us a 2-week review course for the LMCC so I didn't need to use my Toronto Notes. I supplemented the review lectures with over 1000 practice questions from past MCCQE1 tests. I score well above the mean so the strategy paid off.

If you're from U of T or know someone who went there, you can get access to the old LMCC questions dating back to actual exams since 2002 - kept in that secret gmail account.

• 3 months later...

Definitely do practice questions. There is a considerable pattern to the type and even material they emphasize. U of T gave us a 2-week review course for the LMCC so I didn't need to use my Toronto Notes. I supplemented the review lectures with over 1000 practice questions from past MCCQE1 tests. I score well above the mean so the strategy paid off.

If you're from U of T or know someone who went there, you can get access to the old LMCC questions dating back to actual exams since 2002 - kept in that secret gmail account.

I have a friend in U of T, but we did not find any LMCC questions in the Gmail account

Archived