Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS 2005

Guest idreamofmeds

Guest idreamofmeds

Hi everyone,

So I just noticed this posted on the OMSAS site="If you are applying to Queen's Toronto and/or Western, it is recommended that you write the MCAT no later than April 2004." I am currently in my third year and wrote the MCAT in Sept of this year. Unfortunately I got an 8 in Physics with a cumulative of 27R. I was planning to write again next August to apply in Oct. 2004 (with NO intent of writing in April). Does this mean I won't be able to re-apply for 2005 entry if I don't write in April? AHHHHH!!!! This system is crazy! How can we not even have an option as to when we write the test? I hope this is not definite!

I would recommend calling OMSAS if you are really worried. My guess is that they are suggesting you don't write it the August before you apply simply because you won't know your scores until near/at the application deadline. They are probably just trying to avoid the online backup problems they've had the past two years caused by people waiting to find out their scores before submitting their applications. Since they say "recommended" rather than "must" I highly doubt that you absolutely have to write in April.

Archived