Premed 101 Forums

Applying Oop - Question About Stats

Hey guys,

I'm an Ontario resident, and I read through the requirements for out of province applicants and in theory I should be competitive, but I was wondering a) how many seats are offered to OOP students and B) realistically, what are the  MCAT/GPA cutoffs like? For instance, McGill says you should have a 3.9, but last year no GPA under 4.0 was interviewed. Thanks!

Speaking as an OOP applicant who is now enrolling in first year:

I believe they cap OOP enrollment at 15% of the class, but they've never actually reached the maximum. Class of 2017 had ~10-12 and I guess we'll see how many this year.

In terms of GPA, the admissions team is very transparent with how applications are scored - GPA is worth exactly 20% of pre-interview score. So, if you have a 3.80 your file will be fully reviewed. Would you be slightly more competitive with a 3.9+? Yes, maybe, but over 3.8 and you're fine.

The way they have the cut-offs set up for OOP students I would say if you meet them you shouldn't be at a disadvantage for admission assuming the rest of your application is solid. The OOP wait list (post interview) also moves quite a bit.

Archived